Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Making of Zombaby

Thanks for coming out for an excellent episode 4! While we're working to upload the video for those of you watching at home, I thought it would be fun to put some making-of photos up. They're after the break, for those of you who are spoiler sensitive. Well, this one doesn't spoil anything:

We started with a baby that looked much like this one. The first step was to cut off the hair and take off the clothes. Yes, I do feel like Hannibal Lecter. I'm just getting started.

Using a mixture of liquid latex and instant oatmeal, I created some pustules all over the doll's face. It gets a little runny but dries clear. It was running into the eye sockets, so I taped them open to prevent them from sealing shut. This mixture was also use to create the wounds on the zombies. We'll show you those soon.

Here's a wide shot. You can see the hair trimmings on the table. The hair was only threaded around the base of the head, and then in a straight line across the crown. Once I cut the hair it looked like a weird monk-mohawk hybrid. There's a solution for that though...

I painted the top of the head with liquid latex and sprinkled hair clippings on top to give it a scraggly look. It also looked creepy as hell.

Next up was a spray coat with some auto primer (with the eyes taped over).

Finally, add green makeup, eye liner, and blood to taste.

VoilĂ !

Here are some pics from the recording process. That's Adam in the blanket doing the voiceover, and Will our sound designer at the computer.

And finally, some fun shots of the zombies, who were made with the same techniques used on the zombaby.

Will and Gerry.

Alexandra Hellqvist and Will Cespedes.

No comments:

Post a Comment